Wednesday 10 August 2005

It's a bypass - you've got to build bypasses

A nice long walk this afternoon, with a couple of side detours to look at progress on the overbridge. Yesterday they were swinging a large pre-formed concrete slab into place, and today they've hooked it up with another one to form a box reminiscent of the monolith from 2001 - which obviously is going to be one of the bridge support columns. I must remember to go for my walks earlier. By 5pm the light is fading and my photos tend to look as though I had used a blue filter. I'm posting this one anyway, because it amuses me to see manhole covers and their associated pipework sticking up out of the ground, way over the heads of the works below. I know, small things amuse small minds. Anyway, I finished my circuit and was on the verge of going back to work when I decided I would go a couple of blocks in the other direction and pick up a Subway for tea. After all this, my pedometer registered 625 steps. I must be doing something wrong.

No comments: