Sunday 20 February 2011

Lesley does the victory dance!

We made it! I really wasn't sure if I could, but my I got through the Round the Bays walk, and what's more it took less time than I expected. Many thanks to my awesome sister for doing it with me! Also to Habit, the best gym in the city according to me, where I'm gradually walking myself back to a more sensible size, and my trainer Hannah.

In a comment on my last post, Justy303 wrote "Polarpersonaltrainer along with Polar STAR-program has really changed my life", and that is exactly how I feel too. I don't think I would have seriously considered doing the walk today if it hadn't been for the encouragement and inspiration I get from all those great people who participate in the challenges, and the confidence I get from knowing how I'm doing.

I'm looking forward to finding out our official times from the newspaper tomorrow, but my estimate based on the training data from my Polar is that we did it in about 1 hour 45 minutes.  I had been hoping to do it within 2 hours, and I have exceeded my expectations. That's got to be a good thing!

2 comments:

Esther said...

Yay you!!! I loved the walk and I am so very proud of you Sis! Keep up the good work. xoxo

LRW said...

According to the official results, you beat me by five seconds and about 3 places.