Friday 21 January 2011

My latest obsession

My less geeky friends and family don't really get it, but for me, polarpersonaltrainer.com is the best thing since whatever was best before sliced bread came along. It satisfies my gadget-freakery and my penchant for tracking numbers, and it has just enough social contact to help with motivation without creating heavy personal obligations.

The geeky aspect is that you can upload your training session stats to their server. That's where the gadgetry comes in - you do need a Polar heart rate monitor and a USB dongle that can upload its data.

Once you've got the hardware under control and started your personal training diary, you can start participating in challenges with other people who use the site.

I've only been using the site for a couple of weeks, but I have already "met" people from all around the world who face some of the same challenges as me. I may only know them by nicknames like Mikij, Big E and Drew2010 but their stories are inspirational, and the stats speak for themselves. These people have made sustainable permanent changes in their lifestyles just like I need to; they are my new role models.

2 comments:

Esther said...

Yay you Sis!! xoxo

justy303 said...

Yay, found your blog!

Polarpersonaltrainer along with Polar STAR-program has really changed my life. I've always struggled to find inspiration/motivation to keep excersising, but with the aforementioned, it's become much easier. Ok, so I haven't lost that much weight yet (4 kgs), but I will...and I have to tighten my belt 2 more holes from what I was used to, which means that some of my weight has turned into muscles instead of fat.
See you in the challenges and keep up the good work!

/justy303