Wednesday 28 April 2004

Woo!

Another good walk.  I went back to the track I discovered on Saturday, and instead of looping across the tunnel entrance I carried on up the hill, and got to the road that runs up the ridge towards the Mt Victoria lookout.  If I'd had more time I would have carried on down the other end of the tunnel just to say I did.  But it seemed like it was going to rain, and believe it or not it didn't occur to me that I could go back through the tunnel!  I'll have a look at my photos later and pick one out to post. [later] So nice of the Wellington City Council to put up these map boards that show where I got to.  If you look at the full-size version, you'll see that I've marked where I started from, and also marked the two ends of the tunnel in hot pick for high visibilty.  To get an idea of scale - the oval-shaped thingy is the velodrome, and the light green rectangular area just below it and to the left a bit is a football field.  You'll just have to imagine the height for now.

No comments: