Thursday 3 November 2005

Back to the bush - hooray!

Walked about 50 minutes today, back at the Spicer Park end of Colonial Knob for the first time in ages. There have been a few small changes: access to the track is now officially gained via Spicer Park, and some new footbridges have been built - in particular, there's now one across the stream that I wrote about nearly two years ago. Lots of birds, even a kereru close to the track - I didn't see it but I heard it at close quarters when I startled it and flew away. I got a good close look at a fantail (piwakawaka) when it sat still long enough - that doesn't happen often - and decided that must be what I saw when I went to Belmont Park last week. I even caught sight of a wax-eye flittering about. 2532 steps for today, or 1.37km. No brownie points, apparently.

No comments: