Friday 30 July 2010

Establishing a benchmark

Charts such as the ones I've just posted are more useful if the
measurements are taken under consistent conditions. So from now on
I'll take care to set up the treadmill programme the same way each
time I do a session where I'm recording the stats. I'm setting a
target heart rate of 126 bpm, and entering my current weight including
shoes. Starting from the session I've just done, I'm also recording my
normal heart rate before I start exercising (tonight it was 90, which
was lower than I expected.) Benchmark sessions will be Tuesdays and/or
Fridays, since those are the days I'm pushed for time and I'll need to
keep those sessions short. I also want to get my blood pressure
checked about once a month. Am I collecting enough stats yet? I think
that will do for now!

No comments: