Friday 16 July 2010

Hello again!

Well, it's been a while, and a few things have changed. I'm in a job that I still think is the best job I've ever had after 4 years. Darren and I moved in together and then got married. No kids though, I'm too old for that lark. I started playing console games (if you can't beat them, join them) and got obsessed with that for a while - then I bought an iPhone and rediscovered Facebook. But some things have not changed. As Garfield allegedly said, "I'm not overweight, I'm undertall." By about 4 feet, I'd say. Somewhere along the way I got out of the walking habit, in fact to be honest I've become almost totally slothful. It's starting to take a toll on my health, and I'm still not getting any younger (dammit!) so it's time to get the motivational toolkit out and start mountaineering up the health/fitness curve again. Since it's freezing cold in the middle of winter, I've joined a gym. I don't think I'll be taking many photos - after all, if you've seen one treadmill you've seen them all. But I'll do my best to keep a record of my progress; hopefully this will be in a positive direction! I may even jot down a few thoughts and insights if I happen to stumble across any worth sharing. Stay tuned for the next exciting episode!

No comments: