Friday 14 November 2003

Guilty, yer honour

Okay, I confess.  I didn't go walking today because I was working obsessively on my laptop upgrade.  It's mostly finished now - I've learned a few lessons in the process by the way:
  1. Make sure you get the right type of memory, don't just guess that any old SODIMM will do.
  2. If you clone your NT4 operating system to another partion on the same disk, make both versions think that their own partition is the C drive.  This requires messing around in disk administrator and about three reboots, but it's necessary.  Otherwise, when you uninstall software in the second version it just messes up both copies.
  3. Write your CD Key on a sticky notepaper and put it some place where you can read it easily.
  4. You have to uninstall Nero before you run the operating system upgrade.
Note to David and other zealots: Yes I am going to install Linux as well eventually, not this week though. So anyway, here's another picture from yesterday's walk in Spicer Park.  It's a view of part of the park, looking down from Orientalis Way.  I'm rather pleased with this one, I think I'll use it as wallpaper on the laptop and it might remind me to go walking.

No comments: