Friday 21 November 2003

Incommunicado

So here I am in Blenheim. Just about the first thing that happened when I got here on Monday, I switched on Mum's PC and got LOTS of nasty scandisk errors, then it won't boot Windows.  Uh-oh, guess what I'm going to be doing later this week.  I have my laptop with me, and I bought a modem for it last week, but I can't get the modem to work properly (it's a weird fault).  So now I'm using my uncle's PC from Nelson which Mum and I borrowed, it has a working modem but no USB drivers for my camera.  It also has no firewall, and I won't be installing one because it only has 32MB of memory and it's running Win2k. [Update: I did install ZoneAlarm, I had to because of course it got hit with a worm as soon as I dialled up.] So what I'm trying to say is, this week's blogging will happen retrospectively when I get *something* working properly.

No comments: