Saturday 22 October 2005

A restrospective entry

As the day drew to a close I thought I had better do something in the way of a walk. I went and found a piece of suburbia that was still collecting a few rays from the setting sun. That's nice thing about walking up hills, if you pick the right piece of hillside it keeps the sun longer. Anyway, I walked uphill for about twenty minutes (including pauses) until I found what was clearly going to be a dead end. I thought was going to have to go back the way I came, but then I spotted a shortcut straight down the hill, a well-hidden pedestrian access-way that took me most of the way back to where my car was parked. My pedometer told me I had walked less than 100m, but it was found to be lying when I checked the distance by driving up in the car - it was more like 500m. I know, it's not a lot, but at least it was uphill! I think the pedometer needs a new battery.

No comments: