Friday 19 December 2003

Broken Hill Rd

At the cul-de-sac end of our street there are several vacant sections, and one of these has a long dirt driveway.  Today I found that there is also a path that goes from the end of the driveway to the road above, which is in the industrial area on Broken Hill Rd.  Hmm... Broken Hill... sounds like it should be in Australia really; I don't know if it's named after the well-known Broken Hill or if somebody thought they saw some sort of brokenness about the hills in the area at the time.  Anyway, its a Good Thing (TM) that I can get through to that area on foot, because that means I can get to my favourite stomping ground of Colonial Knob Scenic Reserve without taking the car, if I have enough time. I didn't take the camera, so here's a photo from a previous excursion to Colonial Knob.  This is one of two reservoirs that used to supply water to the hospital in days gone by.  The other one is no longer there, its dam collapsed about this time last century (don't quote me, I'll have to check the date) and this one has a purely picturesque function these days.
(Posted retrospectively)

No comments: