Friday 26 December 2003

I can see your house from here...

I'm feeding K's cats while she is away on holiday.  And because her house is within spitting distance of an entrance to the Makara Peak Mountain Bike Park, guess where I went walking.  It's one serious climb...  er, in walking terms that is, not mountaineering (crampons? pitons? carabinas? what are they?).  I had been partway up before, but this time I got to the point where it stops going up and starts going down for a bit (I'm sure there's more "up" further along the track).  From there you can see all of Hawkins' Hill, Wright's Hill, and the Brooklyn wind turbine. . And if you know where you're looking, you can see Stewart's house, Lloyd's house, and Helen and Peter's house.  I'm going back with the camera sometime in the next few days.

No comments: