Friday 2 January 2004

The weather is doing odd things: it's clear and sunny all day, so I decide I will walk in the evening, but just when I think it's cool enough to get energetic, I look up at the sky and see these big clouds rolling in, and maybe it will rain.  This has happened several times in the last few days - it's like being in Auckland. This evening I decided I would walk anyway, even though it's nearly sunset time and those clouds are rolling in.  I went into the Makara Peak park by a different entrance, as I suspected it was an easier climb, and yes it was.  I wish I could take a photo of the birdsong, it was just brilliant.  I don't know if that's because I was later than usual or because I was deeper into the bush, perhaps a bit of both.  Anyway, here's a real cliche of a photo, one of our fabulous tree-ferns against the darkening sky.

No comments: