Thursday 15 January 2004

Getting serious

Okay, it was time for a proper serious walk tonight after a slack couple of days.  I took Steve with me and and we made an assault on Colonial Knob from the Elsdon end.  I really had hoped I would improve on my previous best effort but it was not to be - we were defeated by my less than optimal fitness level and mud.  We did go for nearly an hour before we reached a point where we decided that discretion really was the better part of valour for us (although not for the rugby players that were out for some pre-season training).  There was a tree that I really wanted to take a picture of but my camera batteries went flat - all three sets.  That's the trouble with rechargeables, they have to be kept topped up or they'll be flat when you want to use them.  I think I'll get another one of those handy solar chargers and always have two sets on standby.

No comments: