Thursday 1 January 2004

New Year, new track

A couple of weeks ago Ray told me about a new track that's been opened, it goes from south Karori up Wright's Hill (which, by the way, according to the map, is actually called Wright Hill, but that just sounds silly.)  I didn't have time for a serious walk today, social butterfly that I am (not!) but I did try out the first 5 minutes worth.  Looks like a nice track: easy walking, good views, and a gentle gradient on the first bit at least.  I was a bit disappointed though to see (and smell) several little piles of doggy-do near the start.  I would recommend solid but "second-best" footwear, solid because of the chunky gravel surface but "second-best" because of the aforementioned little piles.  This track certainly merits further investigation.

No comments: